Nice to see you again, Summer!
I know that it’s not really the start of summer, but Memorial Day weekend to me has always been the kick off! Bring on the beach, weddings, bbqs, road trips and this summer is super bittersweet because my sister is going off to college and my parents are moving. I have high hopes for this summer (like I do every year) and I think this weekend spent at Deep Creek will be the perfect way to kick it off!
At the beginning of the summer I always make a to-do list. Here’s a few things I’ve come up with so far…
1. Go to Jazz in the Garden. (I’ve been up here for years and have never been!)
2. Ride up to the top of the Washington Monument
3. Go camping. Real camping.
4. Spend a weekend exploring somewhere new. I’m thinking wine country sounds nice… completed with a picnic!
5. Go to the National Zoo in DC
My list will continue as the “real” first day of summer comes closer but I think I’ve got a good list going so far! What are you planning on doing this summer?!